Ready, Set, Run

I'll try to use this blog to keep me honest in my pursuit of knowledge in Finance. I am a Computer Engineer, in my last month of M.Eng. My budding interest in finance as a area of study and profession has set me on a course to read many books, explore new computer systems and build some cool tools...

I plan to:

  • C++ : finish reading Primer, I need a better grasp
  • Read books on Finance
    • Paul Wilmott
    • John Hull
    • more...
  • Read books on Math
    • Stochastic Calculus
    • Optimization
    • more...
  • Learn Erlang
  • Read some books on Trading systems
  • Learn VBA: seems to be required
  • Python: this one is a maybe
  • Put together a nice trading system, allow for easy expansion through ready made components...
  • MAKE SOME MONEY :)
But first, need to finish my assignment on Credit Risk analysis (APM466) :)

No comments: